From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 22:01:58 EDT
Two weeks ago I too had a stomach virus.  Because I was having surgery I
went to the doctor for medicine.  When I came home from my surgery my
children surprised me with a new ferret Lilly.  the next day Oscar my 1 year
old male started pooping green.  I was so upset I loaded Oscar and Lilly in
my car and went to the vet.  (6 days post op hysterectomy!)  My vet told me
Oscar had Rota virus.  She started him on Chloramphnicol 250 mg, and
pedialyte.  It has been three days now and his stool is still loose but no
longer green.  My vet said this could last a week and it is a virus that is
passed either from human or ferret.  Hope this helps.

Carol, Oscar ferret and Sweet Lilly