From:
AlphaChi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 03:43:05 -0500
>Try to keep her mouth closed & syringe it in through her mouth by
>the back molars.  Then give her a treat after her medicine.
>
>Good luck, I know how heart-wrenching forcing them can be.

Please, please, please, don't be offended Julianna for me modifying your
advice to Bobby and Jane Petty.  What you say makes perfect sense, however,
it would probably be a bit safer [especially for someone without practice]
to place the syringe in the FRONT of the ferret's mouth and let it dribble
in.  If this fails, you can also place the tip just on those BIG fangs and
direct the syringe sideways, not towards the back of the mouth; both of
these methods will reduce the possibility of aspiration and subsequent
pneumonia which I hear is quite common in oral/syringe administrations.
best wishes

alphachi