From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:17:19 -0700
I went to eBay and wrote a letter concerning that poor ferret, and then
this evening (Monday) after getting home went up there.  Couldn't find it,
but went back to today's FML and found the website.  I have to make an
appeal here.  The fellow has changed the title of his auction due to some
e-mails he has received from ferret lovers.  I'm not pointing one finger at
anyone except to say that if you want this type of thing stopped on ebay,
you cannot write to the person selling this type of item in absolute
hostility!  He has stated that he's sorry he's offended people, but because
of nasty, threatening e-mails he will not remove this poor ferret's body
from eBay.  As a matter of fact, if it doesn't sell he'll drop the price
to $.01 and pay the shipping to the purchaser himself, just because of the
type of e-mails he's received.

Please, folks, threats and nasty letters don't get you anywhere, and this
proves it.  This poor ferrets body still is there, still for sale.  And if
he doesn't sell him, he'll relist him.  And he has this stated in his
selling post!  So, rather than threaten him, if this poor little guy's body
is still there, why doesn't someone, if the price goes to $.01 buy the
little guy and give him a decent burial?  I have no place to bury a pet,
which is why Nibbles and Bailey were cremated and are in a beautiful jar
together.

And in the future, when you see something like this on eBay or where ever,
temper your e-mails to make a point, but not a threat, not anger the person
who has this item.  Sometimes being angry works, because sometimes you just
have to be.  And yes, this 'item' is deeply offensive to me, disgusting,
flat out right.  But flames to people don't work and this is the proof.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
 good with ketchup"