From:
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:52:39 -0500
Hi ya everyone!  I'm a bit sore today as I had surgery on Friday.  I was
going to have a fat graph done, but they are still deciding if it will help
me or not.  Instead, I had a small lump removed from my side.  They are
sending to it histology to see what it was.  Other than that, I'm as right
as rain.

Things here have been anything but quiet.  Mom has been running around for
the past few weeks doing what every shelter mom does and taking in new kids
all the time.  Just this week, we got in 6 new ferrets.

2 are 2 years old and not fixed, 3 are over 4 and the other one is a baby
and not fixed.

Porky & Drewsilla got a home this week.  Mom was so happy.  Grandma cried.
Well, so did mom, but she'd hate to admit it.  Bones isn't doing so well.
Mom is worried that he has cancer.  He'll be going to the vet to check it
out.  The other day though, mom caught Bones & Princess play fighting in
the ferret room.  I saw her cry (again).  She was so happy.

Mom's going in on Sunday to watch Hobo being neutered.  I couldn't stand to
watch that.  She's also going to watch Lucky get done.  She said she wasn't
ready to watch Joy's spay, but will be soon.  Mom says Dr. Parker is going
to be Hobo's new mom.

Our biggest ferret has returned.  Zakk the 110 pound Doberman is back at
the shelter.  He still plays like a ferret and I think he thinks he's one
of us.  He's had a rough time lately and mom needs to give him a bit of
tlc.  Mom was happy to have him back.

While I was at the vets on Friday, mom met a man.  He had 2 ferrets and
wanted to breed them.  I think mom changed his mind.  She also educated
him about vaccines and caring for ferrets.  he was nice and even gave me
a kiss.

All for now,

Love, Harley "bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to
you! Click here!!