From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:53:31 +0300
Hello FMLers and FHLers,

When easing blockages, many of you use Vaseline. Does yours contain
cera microcristalline?

I'm looking for pure petroleum jelly here (Ethiopia), but so far find
it mixed w other stuff. I'm going to the capital city to look further.

Meanwhile, would you check what you are using and tell me if it
contains cera microcristalline? The "pure jelly" I have found is
composed of Cera Microcristalline as the main ingredient, with
Paraffinum Liquidum the second (and last) ingredient.

Though the stuff sounds lovely to the ear and eye, it seems not so
good on looking it up. However, have any of you (a) used it repeatedly
(b) worry about its effects after reading this:

<http://www.cosmeticanalysis.com/cosmetic-ingredients/cera-microcristallina.html>
<http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/703957/MICROCRYSTALLINE_WAX_%28CERA_MICROCRISTALLINA%29/>
[registration may be required]

I am dealing w a potential blockage because one of my a ferrets, in a
temporary grief/anxiety reaction, chews her bedding when she loses a
cagemate. She did that recently. My other antiblocking substance is
Petromalt but, given its high sugar content, I don't want to use it.