From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1992 11:51:02 -0400
>Roger -- thanks for the compliment on the ferret dog-walking story --

Laura, that message was from me (Katie) ! But that's OK. :-)

> we sure got a kick out of it!  Stay tuned for more.  Where can I get this
> Morton book -- the only one I have is the one from the pet store, and it's the
> only one I've seen.  Trella is 11 weeks now, but I'm really not concerned
"Ferrets," by Chuck and Fox Morton, published by Barron's -- you should be
able to order it from your local Waldenbooks or B. Dalton, if they don't
already carry it.  It's a terrific book.

>                                                      I've been interested
> in ferrets for a couple of years, ever since one of my good friends got one
> (now she has two!), but I was an RA in a residence hall then, then I spent a

Jeff fell in love with ferrets the first time he laid eyes on one, but
it was 4-5 years before we got one.  Now we have 4.  They're addictive
little critters!  We felt we couldn't devote the proper attention to a dog,
and I'm allergic to cats but not ferrets, so it turned out to be a good
alternative for us.

Glad to hear you're going to be a small animal vet -- with a special
interest in ferrets, right?  We can USE more ferret-knowledgeable vets!
The only vet I know for sure who gets the FML is Lenny Southam, who
runs the Ask-a-Vet section on Compuserve's Pets Forum (she used to
run the Small Mammals section, which is how she ended up getting the
FML), and uploads the FML to the Small Mammals library.

We've had other vet students, though --

Chris, has Jenny Au checked in yet, speaking of which?

[Nope.]

Also, as far as the recipes & the forgery go, the recipes were NOT
funny, in poor taste, and as you said, Chris, had lousy timing.
And I agree completely that forgeries are reprehensible.  I'm not
a system manager, but _I_ think you should report the forgery.

Katie