From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:16:32 -0800
I live on the Southern Oregon coast.  It isn't very populated and the
mountains with dense redwood forests go down to the cliffs and beaches.
It is so beautiful and peaceful here.  A Godsend after hiding ferrets
for so many years in California.

I have a huge redwood deck and I am building a lower patio garden that
will be ferret proof.  However, I block away are tall redwoods and there
is a white owl that lives up there.  I also see hawks although not by my
house.  Most of the deck is covered and I will build sort of ceiling over
the patio to filter light.

The ferrets would never be out there alone, but I still feel nervous
about birds of pray being close by.  Does anyone have any feed back on
this subject or suggestions???

Deva