From:
christine belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:59:26 -0700
Greetings ferret enthusiasts!

I've been reading the posts on "stupid" questions lately.  I am soooo
excited about my imminent acquisition of a brand psankin' new ferret
that I eagerly devour each issue of the FML, so I've been noticin'.

Here's a little tidbit of information to put things in perspective for
y'all.  I work at a very large UNNAMED Internet Service Provider.  On
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for ten hours a day, I take
internet support calls.  One time, I told a woman to close all her
windows, and she replied,

"They are closed... and we just had the storm windows put on for the
winter!"

No, really.  I have people not only asking me "stupid" questions, but
when I give them the answers, they refuse to accept them.

"No, Ma'am, there is no way your computer can turn your lights on and
off."

"But it DID!"

So when someone asks you a silly question, or asks a question you have
only just answered, shake it off.  Because, like I tell my (sometimes
irate) customers, "Everyone is a beginner at something."

-christine "gonna be a fertmom again" w00t!

=====
 christine belsom
 ICQ# 3937465