Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:18:15 -0400
As Steve said, for the first time since the surgery we know that the
light at the end of the tunnel is not a train.

As some know I began healing too rapidly in the days afte the surgery
which led to some painful eye injections to prevent scar tissue, and
then later when the final stitch was removed so that the flap of the
bleb could move freely enough I had to have retention stitches added
to my eye on an emergency basis at the surgeon's office because my
pressure went down too far, too fast.

So, for the last five weeks I have had a constantly dilated eye which
felt miserable for multiple reasons and would not focus. I've also had
something like 20 appointments with eye surgeons or my ophthalmologist.

Today the pressure of the eye increased to 8. With glasses that gives
me 50/20 vision when wearing my lenses which is far better than it has
been for weeks. Using a pinhole cover with my glasses it was decently
better than that in the portions of that eye which still have vision.

Once again I am healing fast, but this time it is good.

So, now the atropine finally stops and it take as long as week for the
eye to respond properly to light. After a week the final of the various
medications I have had post-surgically, prednisolone, will end.

My pressure is not as low in the non-operated-on-eye as it hd been but
not as high as it was before the surgery.

After two weeks we will see if I need new lenses or if the changes
bring my eyes back closer to where they were before surgery.

No one warns you before this kid of surgery that there will about a
month and a half to two months when you can not use your eyes together
and how uncomforatble light will become with weeks of constant
dilation. So, after long frustration, discomfort, and difficulty seeing
anything we wound up laughing today and finally got to celebrate
afterward with fun treats like flounder pieces in ginger scallion
sauce (which Pivot also likes in small amounts).

Deneding on if I need new lenses I finally should be seeing reasonably
well in two to three more weeks. Since I still am not doing that I am
mass mailing. Sorry about that.

Sukie (not a vet) Ferrets make the world a game.

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/