From:
"William L. Sebok" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 23:23:19 -0500
I have spoken on this subject before but I think it is time to mention it
again for the newcomers.  Clear dryer hose makes a great toy for ferrets.
One can take several lengths of it, attach it to 3" plastic sanitary
fittings and make a wonderful maze.  I have such a maze running all the way
around the perimeter of the ferret play room, branching in several places.
The best thing about it is that you can watch them while they play.  The
ferrets love it.  Even our Bridgett, rescue ferret, who didn't know how to
play or dance, liked it right away.  I think most ferrets would prefer the
dryer hoses to the ferretrail tubes because the dryer hoses are softer and
make a crinkly noise.

In our area (central Maryland) clear dryer hoses can be purchased at Clark's
Do It Center for about $5 each.  There is one on US 40 just west of
Baltimore.  Otherwise, here is the information from the box: Clear Duct by
Dryer Mate, Model No.  P48-C, A product of Nemco Inc., Grand Haven, MI
49417.

I have been tempted to write to the company and see what their minimum order
is.  I imagine I might be able to make a fair profit selling them at ferret
shows.  Maybe a ferret club could get together to buy an order.  The company
should be told that there is money to be made selling it to pet stores as
ferret toys.  A ferret owner can make use of a lot more of these things than
the single one a typical house needs for its dryer.

Bill and Clare Sebok