From:
D K SADOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:14:14 -0500
Anonymous Poster, Thank you!

Your story about the Maryland show was one I hadn't heard about.  I've
heard about the outbreak of distemper a few years back in CA and how
Galaxy D was used to save some of the ferrets that contracted this
horrible deases.  I also heard about the person who brought distemper in
to a ferret show that was held in Ohio a couple of years ago and how ( to
my knowledge) non the ferrets vaccinated with Galaxy D did not contract
canine distemper, but a lot of the ones vaccinated with Fervac D did.

I've also had a sevier reaction to Fervac in one of my ferrets.  Timone
went into cardiac arrest (died) and luckily with our vets quick thinking
was able to bring him back and saved him.  This also happened to two
other ferrets I had.  Needless to say we never used Fervac D again.

We use Galaxy D and have never had a reaction like that again in my
ferrets.  If I get one in that has been vaccinated with Fervac D, I
waited around 3 months AFTER the booster shot is due before I switch
them over to Galaxy D and have had no reactions (knock on wood).  I'm
convinced that Galaxy D is the better vaccine because of personal
experience.