From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:12:03 -0500
Sometimes saying goodbye is a great occassion... well, I mean, when we see
ferrets go off to a happy home -- such as in the case this past week with
sisters Holly & Ivy and Ruby Christmas who left to keep another tiny pet
store refuge company at the half way house in NJ.  Congratulations kids!

But -- we have seen some sadness here this week as well Spaz who ventured
up for surgery from his hospice home in NJ passed away soon after his bi
lateral procedure was over.  He leaves behind a saddened hospice Mom and a
greif ridden cage mate who we are working with presently.

Pasteur is apparently doing well on the soup mixture he has been receiving -
a second blood profile was drawn 30 days following the first... we are
eager to see the results.  The vet admired the bulking he has done-- he
cleans the soup bowl completely every day and eats kibble as well.  We know
he still has some underlying kidney / liver conditions which will require
him to stay at the shelter under veterinary watch -- but hope to learn
how much difference the soup has actually made!  The shelter kids are
undergoing ADV testing to date 4 have been done, more will follow next
week.  Shelter folks are undertaking a project which will help us raise
funds to offset the cost for (the same 50 ferrets which we anticipate will
enter the doors as in the past 2 years) obviously it will add a great deal
of expense (approx.  $2,500 per year) on top of the vaccinations and
medical care -- but one which will protect all the others, helping ensure
adoptees are healthy in the long run and allow us to remain open here at
Ferret Wise.

Webmaster Karen has added the new "Ferretville" clothing items to the
Ferret Wise "Fun-alia" online catalog at:

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/funalia.html

Shelter Dad and director Roger plan to be at the Ft. Washington, PA Pet
Expo -- where they will premier the "Welcome to FerretWise" powerpoint
show -- and they will have sewn goods and printed materials available.
Please stop by Mar 3-5 they will be in the main hall / small animal
section.

From all the folks here -- to all our friends and other ferret lovers on
FML- we send our heartfelt sympathy and support on your losses, our
heartfelt joy at your additions and health conquests.  We look forward to
another year in the sheltering community.

Fondly in ferrets,
the folks at Ferret Wise

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html
a 501c3 organization