From:
Rita Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:30:43 EDT
I was thinking how envious I was of all of you at the symposium.  The
funds were not available for me to attend and it turns out it was not
meant to be anyway.  My Vada died at the vets today.  I took her in
yesterday, she wasnt eating well, had diarreaha(sp), and was losing
weight.  She had a broken off a tooth and I scheduled her for an
extraction and bloodwork (while she was under)  An attempt to draw blood
was made but couldnt be done without gassing her so the vet decided that
would be done Friday morning to keep from stressing her more.  Turned out
after the vet got in there she didnt think the tooth was that severe and
she left it in.  Fluids/glucose were given.  She never woke up from
anesthesia.  I asked for a necropsy and I am waiting for the results.
Losing them is never easy but it hurts worse when you dont expect it.

Looking forward to a symposium in the future

Rita