From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 04:24:06 -0400
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Research on Ferrets
>I was wondering if anyone has ever contacted the laboratories where research
>is done on ferrets for humans.

Well, anon, you bring up an interesting point.  Many lab animals are
genetically altered to lab specs.  But because of MF's silent mode, we don't
know much about the specifics at all.  They could be genetically altered to
live shorter, or they could even be healthier, who knows... After all, if
you are strictly talking business, a five or six year life span means lots
of replacement fuzzies for ferret lovers.  And we ALL know how easy it is to
get hooked.  An interesting hypothesis maybe.

best wishes,
alphachi