From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 01:32:41 -0700
We of Ferret Friends, Inc. in Tucson are considering renting a booth at
the county fair to reach a lot of people with information about ferret
care. Our animal fair was washed out this year in February with a cold
rain. The attendance at the county fair can reach 250,000 total. Of
course not everyone goes though the building we would be in but we
could sure talk to a lot of folks. No live animals would be allowed. I
want to set up a cage or two furnished with plush stuffed ferrets. Has
anyone done this with other rescues? Has it paid off? I don't know what
to expect but I want to be prepared.

The Fair requires insurance and we thought that might be a stumbling
block but I found they can cover us for a fairly small fee. We still
have to pay the rent for the space.

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ