From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:04:39 -0600
Hey Ya'll,

Been a busy and nice week.  My big "sis" from the fml came into town and I
managed not to drive her off for a couple of days, so we had fun.  Were
else but here can you meet a friend who will pick up ferret poop, let
ferrets run up their jeans, jump around your living room going "hu hu hu"
and then on top of it all, be gracious enough to be dragged to school and
fall asleep in lectures with ya.  Can't be beat, let me tell ya.

Suzy didn't even blink at my messy house.  She did, in fact, tell me that
it smelled much better since dem fat boys got fixed up.  Told me she liked
to pass out the last time from the hob smell floating around.  I am not
sure, but I think this is a good thang. ;-)

Also brought two new cats to the house.  They were her father's cats and
are 14 years old.  Beauragard and "Mere" Cat (for the Southern version of
Come here cat).  They are currently residing under the guest bed.  I
haven't introduced the ferrets to them yet, I am hoping they will calm
down a bit and get more comfortable.  They are elderly and have had some
traumatic changes in the last month in their lives.  They also have tusks
like the Saber tooth tiger skeletons I saw at La Brier Tar Pits.  Man oh
man.

William has got some bald spots on his tummy from his, ahem, winter weight.
hehe.  Harry has lost a little weight with the last warm front and I am
hoping that William will do the same shortly.  They are always running
around, it is kinda funny they are so damn fat.  But they are getting
sweeter and sweeter every single day.  Lots of kisses and they both run up
and ask to be picked up.

Pookie slept in Suzy's lap one night she was here.  She had both Pookie and
Miss MaryJane in her lap.  But Pookie decided to curl up in Suzy's hand for
a couple of hours.  Miss Pooks knows good folks when she sees them.
Although I admit to some jealousy on my part.  hehe.

Suzy brought snow with her.  I ain't gonna let her visit no more, she
brought snow the last time.  But at least I got my revenge by dragging her
to classes with me.  Yes, seriously.  Had some I couldn't miss.  Even had a
classmate ask me yesterday if she was my sister.  I had to say yes.

Outside of that I am just swamped at school.  It is midterm time and been
rough.  OK, who am I kidding, four English classes just ain't gonna get any
better.  Always something to read or write.  But I love it.  OK, so the
library is my second home, well maybe third next to the copy center.  But
thats ok.

I do hope everyone is well.  Give all dem other fat boys out there hugs
from Auntie Margie.

Margaret Marie