From:
Linda Soule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:41:02 UT
Thought I would update you on my two little fuzzies.  Smokey I thought was
doing better, because he was eating dry food a little and drinking water out
of the bowl.  Then today again, he has to be forced feed, his stools are now
golden brown in color, very grainy (like pearl barley) and liquid.  Missy is
not eating nor drinking.  I guess we will be off to the vet on Monday to see
what else we can do.  Maybe, they need to be hydrated.

I am going to try another duck soup recipe tomorrow and see if that helps.
I get up 2 times at night most of the time, but lately I have going to bed
at 11:30pm, getting up at 2am, and then I get up for work at 4:30.  Needless
to say, I am exhausted.  I know that they aren't feeling very well so that
make me depressed.

If anyone has suggestions please send them.  The duck soup that I am feeding
them is as follows: Science Diet dry soaked in Pedilyte, a jar of Gerbers
chicken meat, a can of Ensure Plus (Strawberry), ferretvite, extra pedilyte,
and ferretone.  I have now bought 8-1 ferret food to see if he acts better
using it.

Thanks to everyone that wrote me with recipes, moral support and information.
I can't express how much it means to me.

Tired, but one that won't give up Mama!
Linda (Tami, Flagstone, Joey, Rascal, Smokey, Missy, and Hardaway)