From:
Michael Hutchison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 21:07:43 -0500
RE: FML1096, Jason Bolduc wrote:

>Am I crazy to think that I may not be *as* allergic to ferrets as I
>am to cats/dogs?

Jason, I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth about this...

My landlady is quite allergic to cats, but she finds that she has no problems
at all with my ferret (a male silver mitt).  I couldn't even have a cat in my
basement suite, because the hair would travel in the furnace duct and affect
her.

Now she's at the point where she's told her kids that they can get a ferret
when they get old enough -- quite a switch from her previous "no pets" policy!
Also, a friend of mine is extremely allergic to cats/dogs, but he has no
trouble with the ferret either.

It's not exactly a scientific response ("your results may vary"!), but
hopefully that will help you.  Good luck in finding a ferret!

Regards,

Mike Hutchison & "Doofus" (the "l'enfant terrible")