From:
"Juliana Quadrozzi - Georgia Domestic Ferret Association (GDFA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 00:30:54 -0500
>We always get accused (though mentioning only bill's name for some reason )
>of always bringing up the political affiliations.  The GDFA is a LIFE
>affiliated club that has brought up this ancient topic and then tried to
>make it seem like the AFA was wrong.

OK Bill, you're going to have to help me w/this one, because I have no idea
what you're talking about.

I think you should take a minute to reread my post.  To clarify for you what
I did post on 11/22-23...I did say that descenting has nothing to do
w/ferret odor,  that a ferret almost never uses its scent gland if it has it
unless it has a legitimate reason, that I personally own undescented ferrets
& do not descent, & that the only ferrets I've ever had that had problems
w/their scent glands were descented young.  I also thought it important to
express the differing opinion of a vet whose article was in the AFA
newsletter (which I happen to receive by the way).  I think the article has
merit & all opinions should be expressed on any issue whether I agree or not.

Show me where I accused anyone of anything, brought up political
affiliations, or that the AFA was wrong about anything.  I did not *bring up
an ancient topic* I simply responded to a question about descenting & offered
additional information - nothing more.  In my wildest imaginings, I can't
figure out how you read all that into my post.  & what difference does it
make if the GDFA is a LIFE affiliate or not?

The FML is an invaluable tool for all ferret fanciers & new owners, & we're
lucky to have BIG to put it all together.  Keep in mind we're here to share
information & experiences for the sake of our ferrets.

I'm only here for the ferrets & no other reason.  I have enough to do taking
care of ferrets & having a life to get involved w/the politics (w/the
exception of CA of course) that keep various associations at odds.  Ferret
Politics are an unnecessary, counterproductive waste of effort.  My time is
better spent.

The FML should not be used to air political issues, it's a waste of valuable
time & resources.  Private email is more appropriate to discuss political
concerns.  For the sake of the FML, use this unique service to benefit the
ferrets in the manner it was intended.  Let's not lose sight of why we're
all here.

Juliana &
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos & Tuxedo *Why'd he say
that mom?*