From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:49:18 -0900
I just received a phone call from a woman who had a ferret escape on her
last Thurs/Fri (21st or 22nd).  It's happened before, but he has always
stayed on her property and actually scratche at her front door to come
back inside.  And he's never been gone this long.  She is very distraught
and misses her little guy terribly.  I know there aren't very many people
from Alaska, let alone Anchorage, on this list, but here goes anyway.  She
gave me permission to post (was thrilled that I could).

He is a young silver mitt and he was lost in the Wisconsin & Northern
Lights area.

She's already put up flyers and contacted animal control.  She's planning
on going to the local elementary school to speak with the principal (maybe
a kid acquired a ferret over spring break?) when school gets back in on
Monday if she hasn't found him yet.

I gave her a few ideas too, like setting up a cage outside with food,
water & lots of warm towels/blankets, using a squeeky toy to attract the
ferrets attention, talking with the mailman & paperboy (who are walking
the neighborhood every day) & notifying all her neighbors.  I also let
her know that there could be a slight change in the color of his coat -
just to be aware & prepared.

Is there anything else I can tell her to help her find him?  If anyone
has ANY information, I can be contacted at 278-2072 or by pager 268-8670
(24 hours) and of course by e-mail.

Thanks for your thoughts & prayers.
Holly