From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:13:56 -0500
Hello's.

My ferret Jillie suddenly has a strange rash/scab on the back of her
neck.  It was definately not there Thurs night and I didn't notice
anything starting on Fri morning.  But I got home late Friday night and
suddenly there is a patch of fur missing (about 1/2 an inch by 1/4 of an
inch) on the back of her neck.  There are little red dots, almost rash
like.  When I look close they also seem scab like around the edges, but
not really.  The furless area has maybe a bit of a small bump within it,
but the dots themselves aren't bumpy.

She has gotten mast cell tumors before (and a couple of weeks ago had two
cyroed off) it's not those.  I don't see her itching the area, and she
doesn't seem bothered by it.

I'm hoping someone on the list will have an idea and can suggest
something.  This IS NOT in replacement of vet care.  Between Jillie and
my little (not so little anymore - she has lipemia and is getting HUGE)
Miss Mikette I have been to the vet weekly for the last few months.  I
called the office Sat am and haven't heard back yet.  They closed in the
afternoon and now I know I won't hear anything until Mon.  So any replies
would be appreciated!

Thanks and dooks
Risa