From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:05:59 -0800
I can no longer stand silent while this absurd debate rages on re Sandee,
heaven religion, and must add my 2 cents worth.  I am a Native American
Half-breed with 15 wonderful ferrets, one crazy White man-mate, living
on 10 acres of No kill forest/ Animal Sanctuary.

How silly some are in trying to read cult into these postings, and how
narrow-minded and cruel to take what comforts someone who is grieving and
turn it into a negative thing!

When Maggie died, (our awesome hospice ferret), I regressed to tribal
ritual, and hacked off part of my hair to go with her on her path to the
Rainbow Bridge.

Do I practice traditional Native religion...nope, I'm mostly a taoist!
I follow my own path, and my heart.  I try very hard to harm no one in
action, or word, try to help all that I can have a better life.  Not
species specific, I live my life as well as I can, and try to see the
world through the eyes of whom-ever I am with at the time, be they human
or not.

I can see where a devout Christian might be scared, or angered by the
Rainbow bridge.I am sorry that these hurt you.  Perhaps asking your
priest, minister, or pastor for help in accepting others beliefs in times
of sorrow will ease your anger.If memory serves, it also states that only
humans have souls in your Book, and there-in perhaps is where your fear
comes from.

The Rainbow Bridge meets everyone's hope that their beloved's are happy
now, no longer suffering, and still reachable in spirit.  It is not to
the Christian Heaven they go, but to a happy place in everyone's heart.
At least that's my take on it.When our babes die, they've been so ill,
and that is how we see them at the end.  It is human nature to want all
whom we love to be pain free, happy, and enjoying 'life' once again.
Please gentle people, do not try to take our hearts desires to see our
precious beings as they once were away from us...to only remember the
last horrific moments, that is so very hurtful.  I still cry for Freddie,
Arnie, Evie, and Maggums.  My grief does not stop me from dooking with my
living one's.  Only in envisioning those no longer with me happy now do I
find solace in those who have left.

Do I ask Sandee to 'check' on my sweetlings now gone?  No, I look to my
heart,and see them myself, but her posts have allowed me to add and
embellish the playplace.  Fred loved teddy bears...he now has a
million, Arnie, squeaky toys up to his eye-balls, Evie and Maggums, the
companionship of others, and soft warm blankets.  I thank Sandee for her
creativeness in forming a special place for our fuzzies now gone.  I
thank Sandee for easing the sorrow of those who are in agony.  The grief
felt is horrific, and her positive posts ease that.  Who among you will
cast stones at someone who is helping others with their pain.  Not I.
In writing this, I have myself strayed from my path, and have 'judged'
those who are angry with Sandee.  Please forgive my momentary lapse, and
know that I care, no matter what your beliefs, or your species!

Big hugs, and love to all
Michelle