From:
Lynn & Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:23:30 -0400
Just thought I'd let everyone know that today when taking Boots in to get
his distemper shot, he had a really bad reaction.  We got home over an hour
after being there and Boots starting vomiting, screaming like he was in
severe pain, then he just laid limp on the floor, we rushed him back to
the vet and they gave him a shot of benedryl, we left and on the way home
we noticed he pee'd and there was LOTS of blood in it, so we turned right
around and took him back.  When we got back the last time, they kept him.

I just brought him home and he is just fine, a little tired, but he's
acting like himself again.  I can't understand what or where the blood came
from, because now his urine and poop is fine as he did it here and nothing
unusual, any thoughts?

This has been one scary day I'll tell you.  Boots cried and whined like
I've never heard any ferret do before when he was vomiting, even when our
girl Jill vomited before she died she didn't scream like that, it just
made me cry.  Any thoughts or comments on the blood, or on the reaction?

Thank you so much for any and all suggestions for next time.
Lynn and Bob