From:
Elwin Bullard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 07:30:24 GMT
Doris (3yro Black Sable MF sprite) was helped across the Rainbow Bridge
this morning.  There was nothing we could do for her at this point.  It was
not the insulinoma though.  It was the spinal cord injury.  I am grateful
that I can insure a dignified passing for my babies.  We treat our furred
companions better than our h.  sapiens 'families'.

Doris was my valentines present our first V day after buying this house.
She was lively and full of vinegar.  She was named for Michael's maternal
grandmother, who was apparently also full of vinegar.  She was a climber
and preferred to sleep at the top of a dresser.  We did try to discourage
this but she apparently persisted as her hind legs simply quit working.

Doris will be met by Winifred (Winnie) (2yro atod, MF sable standard:
lymphosarcoma) who was very loved and is still very missed.

Doris will be buried under an Angel's Trumpet.  A tropical plant that
blooms huge trumpets and has a sweet smell.  She always loved her trips
outside.

O'possum Flower ( 4yro Black Rone Mitt MF sprite) is home from surgery this
morning.  She did the glassy eyed rag doll thing last Saturday morning.
Hubby came into the room having found her in the cage that way.  I
instinctively mixed simple syrup and rubbed some one her gums while dialing
the vet to see if they were still open.  A quick trip to the vet and we
scheduled a fasting blood glucose which warranted surgery.  Anyway, he took
nodes from the liver, pancreas, and took the right adrenal.

Possum is kinda sleepy but I get her up every so often and she will lick
water off my finger.  Its TVLand and a good book tonite.

I have to be strong tonite because Possum is the one who comforts me when I
am grieving or upset.  Tonite she can't see how I hurt for Doris.

Does anyone know if DEW's are susceptible to anything?  More so than the
average MF that is?

A grieving mother's love to everyone and their fuzzies.