From:
fets ferretpower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 17:31:09 +0100
Hi all,

the good news is that Neelix seems to be perking up pretty good and
quickly.  The ECE-symptoms started on tuesday and yesterday(saturday) he
started to eat on his own again; a bit reluctantly, but from meal to meal
more eagerly and with full interest.  Today(sunday) he's eating quite
normal, be it small meals but very frequently.  And his poops are fairly
normal.  The downside is that now Odo, who showed the symptoms only for one
day, seems to be getting down with the nasty bug.  This morning he threw up
everthing he ate, went to sleep immediately without playing and has since
produced only one loose stool and lies shivering in his hammock.  If he
comes down with it, we sure hope it'll pass as swiftly as when Neelix had
it.  We'll keep a close eye on him, we know how to help him.  So far we
don't seem to have to much to complain about since everything seems to be
going by the book.  But I have a plea to all you people out there: working
on my Dutch website about ferrets I'm surely spending a chapter on this new
problem to European ferrethood and I'd like some feedback from people who
had some experience with ECE.  More concrete, feedback from people whose
ferrets went through the disease fairly uncomplicated and swiftly.  No need
for more apocalyptic stories, I've read enough of them allready here on the
FML.  I want some positive news for a change.  Why?  To keep the right
perspective on the problem: something that is out there, can't be ignored
anymore (the Belgian people responsible for it, sure are acting this way),
but is survivable if treated in the right and quick way.  All this because
there are people who are getting scared about this and don't go to frolics
anymore out of fright to get sick ferrets.  In my opinion a to harsh
decision and a slow but sure death of a fine hobby.

If people want to react I'd prefer to receive it personally since I don't
always have the time to read the FML from A to Z.  And I'd like to process
the info quite fast since it's some of an emergency.

TNX
Keep you posted,
Stef

http://www.ferretpower.yucom.be   (sorry folks, only in Dutch and in