From:
jeffrey meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:03:45 -0000
ok glenn i will keep you informed.  My post wasnt realy directed at you in
paticular you sound intellegent and well informed but my apeal was directed
to those that may go off half cocked with out facts to back them up.
Emotional appeals to the legislature that cause a negitive image i.e. hate
mail can only cause us harm.  We feel that it is better to portray ferret
owners as responsible people and not raving lunatics.  By all means write
the bussiness leaders but please write the senate as well.

On another issue we need help from people in kalamazoo county.  They have
passed an ordance to make ferrets illegal.  The ordance needs to be
addressed by residence of the county we have a lawyer checking in to the
legality of the ordinace but with out a county resident we can do nothing.
Also a warning for ferrets in saginaw county they have passed an ordence
calling for automatic kill and test in any rabies exposer incidence for
ferrets.  Thease are the same people that slaughtered Kodo.  Both counties
are tring to avoid law suits in the future by passing thease ordinaces and
both need to be challenged.

On a brighter note Ralph Bancroft ( Kellies daddy, another ferret
slaughtered in michigan) has decided it was time to get another ferret and i
placed 2 wonderful little girls with him.

Thanks much
Jeffrey Meyer