From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:39:47 EDT
I have a dog who gets Reverse Sneezes.  It is an actual allergic reaction
to artificial preservatives in dog food.  he now eats only natural ones of
course.  When we visit other dog owners, I ask if they free-feed to keep it
up so that Andi doesn't have one of his attacks.  They are staggering and
frightening if you don't know what's going on.  I also now know other dog
owners whose dogs reverse sneeze in reaction to other things/allergies.  I
do not know if ferrets have this condition, but I would call your vet and
ask.  Hope this helps.

Kim Wolf
Mystyx Samoyeds, Ferrets and Rescue
www.geocities.com/mystyx_samoyedsnferrets