From:
Shelly Nice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 1994 08:42:25 -0400
First of all...in response to the question about the funniest thing that
your ferret ever stole (or tried to steal)...

This morning, Charlie (the Dalmatian pup) was being very quiet during my
shower (which is highly unusual since she is so HYPER).  Anywho, I get
out of the shower and go to praise Charlie on being such a good girl.
Well, I quickly see why.

There's Vanilla playing her favorite game of hide-n-seek under the sofa
with Charlie trying to figure out where she will peek her head out next.
I laughed and went to get ready, leaving the girls to "battle" it out.

The next thing I know, my SO calls out, "Hey, you gotta come see this!"

There's Charlie, sitting there in total bewilderment as Vanilla is
walking around her (stalking her was more like it) and finally took a
chunk out of the dog's tail and started her drag dance to pull the dog
under the sofa!!!

Well, Charlie's a good 30+ pounds now but was a good sport about it.

Regarding fleas, Vanilla got fleas once (I don't know from where since
she doesn't go out).  It happened when we were living at a garden
apartment and the people beneath us were very dirty and had lots of
ferrets...who Vanilla was not allowed to play with.  Well, she got fleas
anyway.  It took us almost a year to get rid of them.  Everytime we
thought we had them licked, we'd find a new batch.  Powders, lots of
bathing and plucking off the fleas you see (Vana's white...), and washing
their bed clothing CONSTANTLY (daily, if you can).

Good luck.