Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:50:44 -0600
Oy, vey, what a day!  My roommate is in the process of moving out...she'll
often come by and then leave before I come home.  So I came home from
class, and I heard the dishwasher.  No biggie, I figured.  I let Dervish
out to play as per usual.

I sat down to work on a paper upstairs, when joyful dooking I could hear
from upstairs started emanating from the kitchen.  So I went to
investigate.  There were MOUNTAINS OF SUDS all over the kitchen!  Dervish
was in seventh heaven sliding around and tunneling through big white drifts
of foam.  I just collapsed in laughter.  Even when I turned the machine
off, the suds kept pouring out.  It turns out my roommate had used LIQUID
dishwashing detergent instead of powder, and filled up both cups on the
machine.  To make matters worse, it was that ultra-super-concentrated soap,
too.  She was MAD when I put her in her cage to clean things up.  So now
the kitchen floor is sparkling, as is Dervish.

Oh, and the results of the under-the-bed excavation mission:

--one SuperSoaker water gun (FLO, no doubt)
--one stuffed Piglet
--one stuffed Eeyore
--one bottle of perfume
--one bottle of my roommate's arthritis pills
--one hairbrush (my roommate's)
--one set of keys to the social work school building and social work
  council office
--two tubes of Pringles
--one studded leather bracelet from New Orleans
--one protractor
--one silver beaded Cleopatra headdress, MIA from the All Seasons Costume
  Shop
--four socks
--one Barry White CD

(TX) Meghan and Great-High-Queen-Sheba Dervish the WonderFerret, the Cutest
Ferret in the World