From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:20:16 -0400
Risa writes:
>Sukie, it sounds like lots of people are interested!  I'm so glad you
>got this going!  If you think we should try for the FML 5000 donation,
>what do you feel would be the best cause to help?

There are so many real needs out there:
shelters (SOS)
shelter emergency fund (ELF at the IFC)
medical research to help improve vet care (something we used to give
a lot to back when we could afford to do so),
etc.

I don't think that there is a "best".  So far, the public opinion seems
to showing more mentions of SOS than anything else.

[Moderator's note: There's a little bit of discussion behind the scenes
about how to handle this and it likely will not go directly though SOS
since the IFC can distribute funds to more places than SOS based upon
their corporate charter.  But this does not mean SOS would not be a
beneficiary.  Please stay tuned for further details.  BIG]