From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:38:58 -0700
We've been having some lazy hazy days of summer up here.  I was watching
some youngsters try their hand at swimming with the mink when I had to
report to the bridge for a greeting.

A chipper fella named Roly burst forth from the light.  Why you would
have thought he rode the lightning up here he was so full of it.  Once
he took a look around at the bridge and at me, he seemed less sure of
himself though.  It was slowly sinking in that he was up here at the
bridge and no longer on earth.  So before he could feel sad, I pulled him
aside with my wing and introduced myself.  He was happy to see that he
had some nifty new wings and a nice new halo to boot.  But his mind is
sharp.  So I had to keep him busy so he wouldn't get sad.

The first thing I did was take him down to sleep sack valley to get him
settled in.  I had it on good authority that he would like it better
there than in hammy land.  He picked out a cloud lined sack that was
billowy and blue.  I told him to try and out, and while he was talking to
me, I secretely lifted the mouth of the sack with my tail.  Behind his
back, some mischief was set into motion.  When Roly finally poked his
nose inside the new sack to try it out guess what happened??  He was
startled so badly he fell back into a cloud.  When I had lifted the sack
with my tail, it allowed Chance and Winkwomp to slip inside and hide.
They slipped in there when he wasn't paying attention and when he was
talking to me and waited to suprise him.  Roly had no sooner collected
himself when something else made him startle back the other way and bump
into his old pals.  Bilbo.  Bilbo had been hiding in the cloud and goosed
poor Roly after he had fallen on top of the cloud.  Roly dooked, jumped,
and twisted before he tagged all three of them.  For a while there, I saw
nothing but cloud bits flying.

Roly is going to be plenty busy up here, while he's waiting on his
family.  Up here time has no reference.  So for him it will be a blink
of the eye before he gets to be held once again by his mom.  Meanwhile,
it looks like I have a lot of cloud mess to clean up.  I tell ya, that
Roly is quite a site with pieces of cloud hanging off his halo.

Sandee