From:
Tressie Dutchyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 06:13:09 -0400
Hi Leslie,

Here's the link:
http://www.ferret.org/news/07-april-titer_study.html

If you forget again, just remember its on the AFA website.

In terms of the rabies vaccination, here in Canada its once every 3
years as determined by Health Canada (federal department). I'm sure
if your vet contacted veterinarians in Canada she/he would get the
background information. I know vets also have a professional forum,
so that's another place to get info.

Finally, is it required by law that you vaccinate your ferrets annually
- or only if you are taking them out of state, out of country - or is
it a choice an individual pet owner makes? I would think that you
choose what you want and do not need to justify that choice to anyone
if based on credible research you are acting in the best interests of
your pet.

Its great that you are participating in this clinical study. Its that
kind of thing that will turn around veterinary clinical practice and
government policy.

Best Regards,
Tressie