From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:32:43 +0000
Hi there.

I should have written about this a bit ago.  While on vacation in New
Mexico I came across a beautiful little fur kid at a petstore in Socorro.
I don't have the name of the store, but one could call Martha's Black Dog
restaurant to get it.  Socorro isn't large and the store is kitty corner
to Martha's and right across from one of the few galleries in Socorro, and
verging on a central area or park.

The ferret was very, very pretty, but somewhat skitterish.  It was in an
aquarium (though at least it wasn't sealed on top) and the woman didn't
question my experience with ferrets when I asked to handle it, just said
sure.  It was all alone.  It's a youngster, though no longer a kit, reddish
sable or more like Siamese markings, very sweet (aren't they all?!).
Anyway, it tugged at my heart strings, the poor little dear all alone in
the aquarium.  The price was $129 though if it's still there perhaps they'd
negotiate.

I've always wished people had to pass a test or get a license to have pets,
especially ferrets.  Having responsibility for a fur kid is a priviledge
more so than driving a car, but no license or insurance is required.

Anyway, I just thought I'd try.  I already asked everyone I met through my
brother, who teaches at New Mexico Tech, if they could adopt the little
furzzy, but no go.  If someone goes to the petstore, please let me know if
they find out what's going on with the fur kid.

Lynn Mc. and the Sweetest of Five Furps