Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:52:28 -0500
Let me start off by saying that my fiance *and* my mother were oh so
generous to both get me a ferret for my birthday which now makes 9
fuzzies..  Both of the new ones are Blazes..  hmm ironic ..

But i have a question about dominance ..  ok i thought that my NewGuy was
the alpha because he would pick on and drag about any new ferret that came
into the family ..  He is the second oldest ..  but now that we have two
new additions all of a sudden my youngest Morocco(before the other 2 were
introduced) became absolutely psychotic..  Usually when i introduce new
ferrets to NewGuy he drags em around a lil but then it stops, the longest
being about a week ..  when i introduced Morocco to the two lil ones he
literally jumped on their necks and started *shaking* them so hard..i was
so scared cuz having so many other ferrets i thought i would think that
this would have happened already..  Morocco when around us, is the most
loving, cuddly fuzzy, i would never think he had a dominant streak ..when
this first happened, I grabbed Morocco and he would not let go of her ..
i had to try to pry his jaws open to get him off of her and she gave me a
nice nip in the process..  i switched bedding and everything and tried
putting him near the new ones and he goes right for the neck ( i pull him
away before he could get them of course ) then after these little episodes,
he runs around looking for *any* ferret toy, or anything that looks like
one and stashes it..  that is the weirdest part..  one by one ..  he has
never taken any toys before this!  He has never bothered any of the older
ferrets ..  and NewGuy has never bothered the one older than him ..  so is
this really dominance?  I have never seen a ferret fight like this and im
afraid they will not get along ..  Is this how it starts for anyone out
there who have ferrets that don't get along?

I would also like to say that i have been on this list for well over a year
and its amazing how much i have cried, laughed and learned..  Somebody
always has advice for me when i need it most and are among the most caring
people i know .. i really appreciate it..  BTW, love the skeeter posts! :)

Nichole and the *9* fuzzies
Ricochet, NewGuy, Sydney, Jedda, Quinn, Yukon, Morocco, Killian and (no
name yet heh)