From:
"Ronald L. Sims" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:30:34 -0800
Dooks to all; Finally got email corrected and cleared.  Had 11,999 on one
day.  Talked to folks at Voyager/Corecomm & they helped.

A number of years ago, here in Michigan, a little ferret was being held by
the head of the Michigan Health Department, whom I called a Neo-Nazi in a
letter to our State Representative in Lansing.  In my letter, I showed my
research on the internet, to this representative, showing that a ferret
cannot survive any longer than 7 days maximum with rabies, the average
life span was 4-1/2 days.  Research showed that ferrets with rabies become
lathargic and their limbs sieze up and do not become agressive, like
dogs and cats that have rabies.  Finally, my research indicated that the
chances of getting rabies from a human bite is 500% greater than that of
being bitten by a ferret (so why wasn't Mike Tyson's head cut off?),
1,500% greater by a dog bite, and 2200% greater by a cat bite.  My point
to our Representative was that Kodo should be freed, and that the Neo-Nazi
and her gestapo henchmen were lying through their teeth at the court
hearings.  Unfortunately, it did not save Kodo.  I'm not even certain
that the person who was the head of the Michigan Department of Health was
canned or not (she should also lose her DVM license, as far as I am
concerned).  As long as there are people like the one above, we who have
ferrets, and love them dearly, we will have to be careful, and watchful.
I get nervous when strangers want to see and play with the ferrets,
because I don't know what the hooman-beans will do to cause distress for
the fuzzies.  But this is also true for my dogs and cats.

Peace to all
Rev.Ronald L. Sims,D.D.& Family: 3 hooman-beans owned by 5 frisky ferts,
5 cute canines, 4 felonious felines and too many fish to count