From:
Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2010 07:20:16 -0700
I posted asking for help in naming my new baby fert. He's definitely a
shiny object stealer so wanted to give him a name relating to that. Was
given some great ideas. Almost named him after the kender race from
Dragonlance series. But now we are in a dilemma. I decided to go with
the gangster name of Bugsy. I think it kinda works, will grow on me.
When we got him we also got an albino male that my daughter picked out
and named Emmett (well Emmett Jasper cuz she was being wishy washy) for
the characters in the Twilight film. So I had mentioned Elliott for the
name of the silver thief. She wants him to be named Elliott now since
that sounds better than Emmett and Bugsy. Yeah, name the thief after
Elliott Ness? But I remember reading in a novel about never giving
animals names that you wouldn't give a human, and that's always stuck
with me. So help! What do I name him? Do I do like she does, get all
wishy washy and give him a middle name? Elliott Bugsy, Bugsy Elliott.
And if I use both, isn't that negating naming him after a thief?
Everyone that had suggestions wanted to know what I decided on, so I
wanted to let you know I'm still being wishy washy.

Take care, Alayne and Sierra, Ziggy, Emmett and Elliott(?) or Alayne
and Sierra, Ziggy, Emmett and Bugsy(?)