From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:36:47 -0400

and Bill wrote:
>[Moderator's note: Spoke to Dr. Tom Willard of Performance Foods.  He
>says he will reply shortly to the concerns which have appeared on the
>FML lately.  Let's hold off to see what he has to say.  BIG]

Actually, I have heard some wonderful things recently about Performance
Foods helping some shelters when things got really rough for them, and Tom
Willard, and Bob Church (who said that he considers TF the best of the
pelleted foods after his extensive food examination) have been helping
people at the Ferret Health List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list
where food has been a regular topic) better understand what the good and
bad points are of any diet.  (There are NO diets right now that apparently
don't have certain shortfalls so lots of people are doing blends of
different feeding approaches, and the nutritionists who are on the list
donating their time are learning so that they can perhaps design ones
that are even better and more inclusive.)

For some reason certain groups or companies -- no matter how much they have
done for others -- seem to get picked on regularly in the FML.  It has NOT
always been that way here, and it certainly was more pleasant before that
began.  People pick on PF even despite their charitable actions but not on
some of their competitors who do less to help ferrets or may have a worse
product.  People pick on MF but not on some of their competitors who aren't
any better in many ways (and some are worse), even when the competitors
have not given any funds to legalizing ferrets in multiple states or to
improving ferret health care.  I know that I am not the only one who think
that this placement of "kick-me" signs on certain groups while ignoring
others that are just as bad or worse makes no sense whatsoever and is
anything but fair.