From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 12:40:09 -0400
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Recent Modern Ferret Issue with Playboy Playmate
>I am posting to just see what other people thought of the recent Modern
>Ferret issue with Tiffany Taylor.  I personally think that including a
>former Playboy Playmate, and glorifying the issue surrounding that, was
>done in very poor taste.  And, Modern Ferret seemed to get into too many
>personal issues of the Playboy Playmate's life.... And, I definetely
>wouldn't like my children reading this issue.

I don't know about this one. :-)

I bought a copy of the signed one for my husband to go with his collection
of Playboys for our anniversary.  I guess it would understandable that a
parent wouldn't want to show this issue to their children and have to get
into that whole porno mag explanation thing...BUT (and there always is one,
isn't there?)it was mentioned several times that it was coming out and that
Tiffany Taylor would be in the upcoming issue.  There was even a huge write
up about it on the FML by Modern Ferret (I think.  I didn't research the
FML's to be sure) saying how happy they were to get her for the interview
and pictures, etc.

It's just a case of being alert (which it looks like you were), reading the
material (which it looks like you did), and then setting limits for your
children (which it sounds like you did).  That is all you can do.

I will say that I agree with this anon poster in saying that it can be a
hard thing to deal with with children and not wanting them to see it.  If
you are offended by such material, then it's even harder because you have
to be the parent and read it anyway to stay informed and on top of what
your children come in contact with.

But, on the other side, there is the issue of freedom of speech, etc.
Since there were no nudie pictures and the issue was based on her and her
ferrets and that was well known, then you were warned.  I think MF did a
wonderful job with the issue and my sister's kids read it and my sister
was no worse for it.  It's all in how you look at it.

Peace guys.  We are all wonderfully different...and owned by ferrets.

http://www.geocities.com/~april_gallaty

    @-"-@
  (=^ ' ^=)
o00 -\o/- 00o