From:
Stephanie Rusk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:05:47 PST
I am just gonna post my replies in one message so you don't have to hear me
babble all over the place!

RE: BABY TEETH
Yes, ferrets have baby teeth - When I first got Chimi, he had his permanent
teeth and baby teeth at the same time...my fiance was not thrilled because
we thought "Uh-oh, they have two sets of fangs, like sharks"...luckily, the
baby teeth fell out.

RE: BATH BEADS (Megan)
I guess bath beads are much like shampoos, depends on who makes them.  I
am glad your ferret came through ok.  My bath beads tasted like plain oil,
but the outer shell is what was a little bitter...they weren't eating that
though - they were popping them like delectable caviar.  My dog ate a frog
once...I know the foaming/vomiting you are talking about...bad sign the
animal thought what they saw would taste good, but found out it was not so
good.

REMOTE CONTROL CARS...
We have wanted to get a remote control car for Pepe and Chimi for so long
and now, we got one...It is actually my fiance's hobby (very expensive
ferret toy) but I made him let the boys "have a go"...they were like a
school of fish following the leader - they were on it and following it
whereever it went...I cracked up...it got stuck in reverse and ran over
Pepe, to which he replied by biting its tire and wardancing at it.  THey
particularly like the antenna flopping around.  It was a wild fun moment
of joy ... I am going to get a smaller (cheaper) car for them in the
future...I think Radio Shack usually has some simple ones - I don' suggest
just giving it to them, but doing it under CLOSE supervision.  Don't let
them eat any parts...just let them play/chase while you are running it.

(following not for faint of heart :)  )

CALL OF THE WILD:
Most people have found squeeker toys are the best thing to get your ferret
to run quickly...well my fiance happened to make a noise that got them
running to attention in no time.

I was playing with my ferrets on the floor and all of a sudden my fiance
"passed gas" from the kitchen in the tone of a bugle...Normally would think
nothing of it, but Chimi and Pepe stopped in mid action, lifted their heads
in Loch Ness Monster style and went running to the kitchen to find the call
of the wild...I was in tears...my fiance couldn't help but laugh when these
little inquisitive faces looked at him..."What daddy??"...I hope these boys
never get lost and we have to resort to such measures to get them to come
out of hiding.

Have a great day!

Stephanie, Chimi (it was sweet perfume) & Pepe (Pepe was a race car driver)