From:
Cynthia Obrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:22:24 -0400
I want to warn those of you who shop on eBay that there is a pet bed
listed for ferrets which is dangerous.  The listing title reads: "TUNA
CAN Pet Bed Dog Cat Ferret House Beds"  The bed looks like a tuna can,
with decorations which look like those on a can of tuna.  It also has a
"lid" that is a flap that is half-open on top.

I bought this bed from another Internet source (for half the price listed
on eBay, by the way).  On the bottom side, it has exposed foam rubber: a
large circle of exposed foam rubber that can easily be chewed by a
ferret.  Additionally, the fabric which is used on the bed is very thin
and would not hold up to ferret scratching or chewing.

I sent a message to the seller, telling them that this item is dangerous
for ferrets and explaining why the exposed foam rubber and the thin
fabric make the bed inappropriate for ferrets.  I have received no
response.

I am using the bed for my cats, in a room which my ferrets are not
allowed into.  If anyone wants to know the half-price source for this
item to use for their cats, please e-mail me off-list and I'll be glad to
send it to you.  I just wanted to issue a warning because the bed is very
dangerous to ferrets, and also it's expensive.  I'd hate for someone else
to spend the money on it for their ferret and then be disappointed when
they find out how the bed is constructed.

Watch out for your little fuzzy babies!
Cindy and the fudge ferts: Cocoa, Butter, and Sugar.