From:
Dave Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 02:40:21 UT
To all of the ferret lovers of the S.E. Michigan area:

The GLFA is having their meeting this Saturday the 20th from 1:30 PM until
4:30 PM at the Southgate Public Library.  The library is located on the east
side of Dix Toledo road.  You will get to meet a lot of great people who are
just as nuts about ferrets as you are!  The address is 14680 Dix Toledo Rd.
and if you need more info you can call me at (810)391-1895.  No fuzzies
please!

Some of you were interested in vets in this area.  I would recommend Dr.
Sharon Lawrenchuk at the Westland Veterinary Clinic (313)261-5900.  She is
great with ferts, owns them herself, operates a shelter, contributes to the
GLFA's newsletter, and is a member.  She has ferrets in the office with a
great display including a video featuring Micki Wingate which plays for all
in the waiting room.  Oh yeah, Weazer told me to tell you that he likes her
a lot because she didn't shave and cut him when he had his last
blocked-bladder problem.  She squeezed him just right and...

>Does White Fang ask innocent little ferrets to find the nice raisins while
>their mommies and daddies are sleeping and to mail them all to him??
To Judith White:
No but he tells me to be REEEEEEAAAAALLLLLL careful if I say anything about
pies!

Just a thought...
I saw a spot on Dateline (I think) about how non profit organizations ( a
professional baseball team, etc.  - Kansas - I think) don't pay taxes.  All
of you wonderful shelters might be able to be exempt from paying property
taxes.  Any tax attorneys out there?  That might help with some of the
medical bills.

Deb & I will offer our help for the ferret in need of surgery too!

Dave & Deb
Weazer, L.S., & White Fang
& 2Catz