From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:44:34 -0400
I'm in Columbus.

I recently had to put two ferrets to sleep.  I called about 7 different
vets that treat ferrets.  I got prices ranging from $25/ea to $100/ea.
The why was well we have to use two drugs, a shot to sedate them then a
second one in the hear two actually put them to sleep.  Some of those
offices wouldn't let me be with the ferret.  I still its unfair to let
any of my animals die alone.

My regular vet doesn't do emergency work.  I can only think of two places
that would take ferrets in the middle of the night.

I am curious if others out there have had experiences like this and how
they handled it.  I know there is nothing we can do to stop practices
like this, but I would be interested in hearing other stories and how
they were dealt with.  I look at Tyson and think about the choice I was
almost forced into and it makes me ill!  If you would like to e-mail me
off-list, that's fine!