From:
Amy Gordon-Fohl and Christopher Fohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 20:45:30 -0400
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry it has to take something like this to get me to respond (I am a
long-time lurker), but the turn of events has me too upset to keep quiet.  I
am devastated by the loss of Kodo, and it has made me upset to the point of
tears several times (practically every time I read something about it).  To
sum up my feelings, I no longer have any shred of faith in our justice
system.  (Justice?  What justice?)

The next logical step it seems to me is a national organization, as
suggested by Bob C.  No longer can I sit on the sidelines and watch the
government killing innocent beings.  If all the ferret owners (or
ferret-owned!) would get together and get organized, things would get
somewhere fast.  Now that the public has seen and heard about this case, it
would be the best thing to do to get what all of our ferrets deserve.  I
don't want Kodo to have died in vain.

Now to change the subject completely (sorry), I have a question to anyone
out there...I am 35 1/2 weeks pregnant with our first (human) child and
would like to know what is the best way of easing the transition of a new
(human) baby into the family.  I don't want our ferrets (we have 5) to get
too jealous, and would like for them to get along.  I've heard about taking
home a blanket that smells like baby from the hospital for them to smell,
and about supervision at all times(always a wise choice).  Anything beyond
that would be extremely helpful!  Thank you.

Amy(the mom), Ettienne, Hamish, Shadow, Pooka, and Eris (the ferts)