From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:59:03 -0700
I read about you guys accidentally stepping on (or hurting) your fuzzies.
I had to get this off my chest.  I have owned animals for 40 years and
presently have 3 ferts, 2 dogs, 4 cats.  A couple of years ago my little
Kona (kitten) was sleeping under my tire.  Even after I "fired up" the car
apparently he didn't wake (or get out from under the tire) and YOU GUESSED
IT.  I rolled over him (just slightly).  I flipped.  I grabbed him and FLEW
to the vet.  After $600, copious tears and self-loathing, and about a month
or two (thank God) he recovered.  A month or two after that my neighbor
found the upper half of his little body on her lawn, apparently he had
been "eaten" by something (coyote, dog?).  What doesn't kill you makes
you stronger... or smarter... hopefully.

Thanks for letting me share.