From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:19:17 -0500
Okay, I tracked down the report of ferrets being killed and tested in N.J.,
working backwards from person to person.  Turns out the misunderstanding was
about that old case of the ferrets in Clinton, which was a PRE-Compendium
situation.  (Got back to the person who knew it was an old case, even, in
the tracing.) Along the line a person did not understand that this was not a
new situation.  The folks want their names left out of this, specifically
because of people here who might get overly excited, so I agreed to do so.
Anyway, all of us New Jersey are spared some work because it's just a rumor
from a misunderstanding, nothing more.  Personally, I'm VERY glad about
that.  Remember that kids' game of "Telephone"?  That's what happened.

I've had some problems with asthma from tree pollen and molds recently, so
if I don't get to the huge mass of mail I tend to get on and off that's what
is happening.  I'll be worse when some of the other trees go.  Just expect
it, okay?

Sukie