From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:05:31 -0500
Cujo had his bladder surgery about 1:30 Sunday afternoon.  I brought him
home Monday morning, and my wife took him to another vet foe post-op follow
up.  They said he looks OK.  He still is not happy with regular food, not
even duck soup.  So he getting Sustacal and Pedialyte.  We freeze them and
them put an ice cube of both in the microwave and melt them for him.  AND....
HE IS GOING PEE!!!!  What a goofy, wonderful thing to be happy about.  They
removed two bunches of what looked like very fine sand crystal from his
bladder.  Each about the size of an M&M if you rolled one into a ball.  They
reverse flushed him as best you can a male ferret, and then flushed the
bladder.  He has a bare belly and about a one inch incision.  Cujo is a bout
5 years old, and has the two tattos of a Marshall Farm ferret.  We bought
him from a couple who had gotten him for their two sons, ages 4 and 6.  He
is a very gentle, kissing ferret with a passion for stashing shoes.

To those of you who wrote privately, I thank you.  I tell "normal People"
that ferret people are not like other people.  Here is the proof.  I got an
e-mail from a lady who wanted me to send her my snail-mail address so she
could help out financially.  I sat in front of the computer and cried.  The
emergency vet bill was a bit over $650.  Like I told the lady, I guess the
laptop will wait a little longer.  But compare a ferret's life to a
computer.  There is no comparison.  Cujo won, without a thought.  I asked
the lady to please help a little guy who may not get help unless someone
like her steps in, or to give to a hselter that has babies in need or unpaid
vet bills.  You are the best od the best.  God bless you all.  I'll keep you
posted on Cujo.

Charlie and family and Cujo, Bandit and Snowball in Kissimmee