Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:56:49 -0500
>PetSmart is here too, and IF by any chance they do start to sell
>ferrets, my opinion is "HURRAY... at least a store that SELLS the proper
>caging, good food, good bedding, good FERRET supplies to go along with
>that new fuzzy is doing this!!

How I wish that were true.  We had a PETsMART open here approximately 3
years ago.  I was very excited.  I went in with the local shelter mom and
checked out the ferret supplies.  They had a ferret start up kit with a
smaller than adequate ferret cage, cedar shavings bedding ( huge no no)
and Katee Diet with the dried fruit, known to cause blockages.

We discussed the situation with the manager and went back to check in a
week or so.  It took several months to get the correct bedding in there.
The size of the cage and the food never changed.  Reason?  Corporate
descision that had to be followed.

Then you have to consider that with 800 stores selling ferrets to the
already over crowded system?

PETsMART selling ferrets a good thing?  NOT!!

HappyTails & HappyHearts,

Karen & the Jacksonville Jive
 @ The Bridge, Jubilee and the Scruff You Gang
http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/HappyHeartsFerret.html