From:
Rita Sisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 19:45:18 -0500
I just found this news list on the Web and am very glad it is here.  In
June, My son's girlfriend asked us for ferrets as a graduation present.
Needless to say, we became babysitters.  Her parents have cats and they are
infested with fleas and we felt that the pair (Romeo and Juliet) would be
better off at our house.

Not a month later, she, with tears in her eyes, said that she had fell in
love with another little rodent (I know that they aren't rodents, I just
call them that because they like to rip up their carpets, i.e Rug Rats).
When she took me to see her (later named Cleo), she was again upset by the
fact that there were only two left and if she took the one, the other would
be all alone.  My daughter then, with tears in her eyes, asked if she could
have the other.  Now what was I going to do with 4 ferrets.  We named the
other one Esmy (Sorry, Hunchback was just out and I loved the movie.) Just
before Thanksgiving, My son decided that I needed a ferret of my own.
That's were Tika joined our family.

So now we have five firey funny flippy ferrets.  Juliet and Esmy are dark
sable, Cleo and Romeo are light sable and Tika, the odd ball out, is an
albino.  Just got them a brand new larger cage for Christmas and am still
sewing in carpeting.  We hope to have it all installed and the ferrets in it
by New Years.

Hope that your New Year is much better that last year (sorry to those of you
that had a great 1996).

Rita, Chrissy, Jonathan, Amanda and Alan (humans)
Romeo, Juliet, Esmy, Cleo, and Tike (Rug Rats)
Taliesan and Kitara (German Shepards - and Ferret buddys)
Satan (Cat - who just wants to be left alone)
Donetello and Leonardo (Turtles Hybernating)
Eric (a lonely love bird)
and a bunch of fish that I gave up naming a long time ago.