Date:
Sun, 16 May 2010 11:10:33 -0500
Hi All,

I have a very strange ferret. Happy will not use the box consistently
in the cage but has a pretty good success rate while he is out of the
cage. He poos on the sleep sacks, in front of the food and water bowls,
and just anywhere he wants while he is in the cage. When he is out
of the cage he makes it to the strategically placed litter boxes
throughout our house about 80 percent of the time...pretty good for
a ferret of his background.

We have had him for about a year, and when we got him he was covered
in fleas and being fed such an inferior cat food that he ate nearly
constantly. This caused him a distended belly and he looks funny but
has gradually adjusted to eating a normal amount of Marshall. He has
some musculoskeletal problems caused from being constantly kept in a
very small cage but no other problems. I think he is about 4 years old.
He shares a moderate sized (2 foot by 3.5 feet) 2 level cage with 3
other ferrets, typical layout...sleep sacks and 2 hammocks on the top,
one large square litter box and one corner litter box below and food
and water supplied on both levels for free feed. I have tried to
separate him from the other ferrets and put him in the surgery recovery
cage and he still just poos and pees everywhere. We do clean out the
litter boxes every day.

I don't know what to do. Any comments are welcome...please...before I
lose my mind! You can reply to me personally if you want.

Pam and the ferrety four