Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:52:12 -0700
When I posted about the bilateral surgery a few days ago, I never meant
to start another crusade, or world war three. I was just astounded that
anyone would think a shelter ferret should be euthed just because it
was bilateral.

I never even said that the vet was a Maryland vet. I didn`t give the
name of the clinic. I didn`t implicate any Maryland shelters, nor will
I be goaded in to doing so. I am more than competent enough to provide
the necessary education to the vet myself.

I never expected a busy shelter mom out there to take precious time
away from her shelter ferrets to call every Maryland shelter known
to man, and ask their practices. Then to take the time & trouble to
compose a post, listing all of those names.

In no way was I bashing other shelters. I just was stunned to be told
that it was common practice for shelters to opt to let bilaterals go.
Thankfully, they now have an option with Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret
Rescue.

I was offering a second chance for bilaterals whose shelters couldn`t
or wouldn`t be willing to keep the ferret for life, and administer the
necessary meds.

Apologies for the apparent confusion.

Kimberly Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-tilesoflove.html Fundraiser page